''As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace.'' - 1 Peter 4:10
Your attendance and participation at services and parish events is really valued and appreciated. Our joint involvement and that cooperation, togetherness and participation cements us as a community. If you would like to help or participate further, here are just a few suggestions of parish groups that you may be able to support or assist with. Please consider volunteering, even if you can only help on an ad hoc basis. As the saying goes 'many hands make light work':
Ministries in the Church: We always require and need additional helpers.
- Altar servers and organisers are needed to assist Fr. Habte at Mass.
- Church cleaners help keep our church pleasant and comfortable. If you are able to lend a hand on Saturdays from 10.00 a.m. Your help is very much appreciated. Our church is modest in size and it takes only 30-40 minutes to clean, with a suitable sized team. Tea and coffee is provided for helpers.
- Children's Liturgy parents help our children to understand about our faith. Sister Irena is now on hand to help, support and guide.
- Events need to be organised and facilitated. Can you help coordinate?
- Flower arrangers there are several teams taking turns to provide fresh flower arrangements every Saturday.
- Financial support: Thanks to everyone’s generosity, we are able to help with the upkeep of our church. You can do this through the collection during mass, through other gifts and through parish events.
- Please give what you can to the parish collections each week. Times
can be tough for us all, but more money goes out in the upkeep of the
church than we receive in the collections.
To help, if you can, please give upwards of one hour of your income each
week. If you are a UK tax payer please register for Gift Aid.
- You may also like to consider making a regular payment direct to the church bank account. If you would like to set this up via online banking please use the following details here. Our Church / Southwark Diocese is a registered charity, (RC Archdiocese of Southwark CIO Registered Incorporated Charity No. 1173050 ) which means that if you are a UK taxpayer and complete a Gift Aid declaration, the UK government gives 25p for every £1 you donate. For more information, click here.
- Music helps to bring further meaning to our words and prayers. We are always looking for committed singers and musicians for both the Sunday 10:30 a.m. mass and special occasions. Choir rehearse every Monday at 7.30 p.m. and Sundays at 9.30 a.m.
- Readers help to proclaim the Word of God. See Rota
- Refreshments (Sunday after 10.30 a.m. Mass) bring us all together to relax and socialise after services. Come and share your barista or hospitality skills.
- Welcoming Ministers: help welcome parishioners and new comers before mass, assist exiting the church after mass etc. more information from Fr. Habte here.
For more information and ideas as to how you can help and join in with parish life, check the newsletters and speak to Father Habte, after mass or if easier feel free to book a meet and greet session with Fr. Habte over a cup of tea or coffee click here to be informed get involved.
Copyright © 2008 - 2018, St Simon + St Jude. All rights reserved.